Shred your personal documents securely to avoid identity theft. Material handling by certified destruction agent from The Shredder. Bring personal documents for confidential shredding and disposal.
- Limit three disposable containers per household. Please do not tie or tape containers.
- For confidential papers. Newspapers, magazines, etc, do not need shredding. Please dispose of these materials in regular recycling.
- Drive up, drop off event. ENTER LIBRARY ALLEY FROM 20th STREET SIDE. Turn into library lot from alley, drive up to truck and stay in your car. A volunteer will collect your boxes. Exit library lot onto 4th Avenue one way, turning LEFT.
- Material is bulk shredded by full bin. Due to traffic and volume, you won't be able to watch your material be shredded. The SHREDDER is AAA certified by the National Association for Information Destruction.
- Sponsored by AARP Iowa as part of Money Smart Week Quad Cities.
Additional events at Davenport Public Library Eastern Ave (April 24,) Bettendorf Library, and Moline Library. See library websites or call for details.