If you are interested in growing your own vegetables this summer or you’d like a refresher, University of Illinois Extension and the Rock Island Public Library are hosting a series, “Vegetable Gardening Made Easy”. This free online program will take place on Mondays and Wednesdays at 10 a.m. March 15 – March 31, 2021. They will be hosted by a local Illinois Extension Master Gardeners via Zoom. During each session, they will show a pre-recorded, “how-to” gardening video on the topic of the day from University of Illinois horticulture experts, followed by live Q & A with the Master Gardener. Each session has a different topic and participants can sign up for any they are interested in.
- March 15 / 10 a.m. / Seed Starting Introduction
- March 22 / 10 a.m. / Blueprint to Gardening & Planning & Prepping
- March 17 / 10 a.m. / Germination & Seedling Growth
- March 24/ 10 a.m. / Cool Season Vegetables & Warm Season Vegetables
- March 29 / 10 a.m. / Hardening off and Transplanting & General Care
- March 31 / 10 a.m / Pest control considerations, and tips to garden safely. This last session will be followed by a final Q&A session.
Register for the sessions of your choice at https://web.extension.illinois.edu/registration/?RegistrationID=23169